- Which language is used in Indian Constitution?
- Which is the oldest language in India?
- Which is the first language in the world?
- What are the 22 languages in India?
- Which is the mother of all languages?
- How old is English?
- What are the top 3 languages spoken in India?
- Which language is mostly spoken in India?
Which language is used in Indian Constitution?
HindiThe Indian constitution, in 1950, declared Hindi in Devanagari script to be the official language of the union.
Unless Parliament decided otherwise, the use of English for official purposes was to cease 15 years after the constitution came into effect, i.e., on 26 January 1965..
Which is the oldest language in India?
Oldest literary (in other words written) language is Sanskrit. The oldest spoken language is Tamil.
Which is the first language in the world?
Tamil languageThe Tamil language is recognized as the oldest language in the world and it is the oldest language of the Dravidian family. This language had a presence even around 5,000 years ago. According to a survey, 1863 newspapers are published in the Tamil language only every day.
What are the 22 languages in India?
1) Assamese, (2) Bengali, (3) Gujarati, (4) Hindi, (5) Kannada, (6) Kashmiri, (7) Konkani, (8) Malayalam, (9) Manipuri, (10) Marathi, (11) Nepali, (12) Oriya, (13) Punjabi, (14) Sanskrit, (15) Sindhi, (16) Tamil, (17) Telugu, (18) Urdu (19) Bodo, (20) Santhali, (21) Maithili and (22) Dogri.
Which is the mother of all languages?
SanskritOfficial language inIndia, one of 22 Eighth Schedule languages for which the Constitution mandates development.Language codesISO 639-1saISO 639-2san12 more rows
How old is English?
English has developed over the course of more than 1,400 years. The earliest forms of English, a group of West Germanic (Ingvaeonic) dialects brought to Great Britain by Anglo-Saxon settlers in the 5th century, are collectively called Old English.
What are the top 3 languages spoken in India?
More than one million speakersRankLanguage2011 Census of India (total: 1,210,854,977)Percentage1Hindi43.63%2Bengali8.03%3Marathi6.86%28 more rows
Which language is mostly spoken in India?
HindiNEW DELHI: The percentage of Indian population with Hindi as their mother tongue has risen to 43.63% from 41.03% in 2001, according to data on language released on Tuesday as part of Census 2011. Bengali remains the second most spoken language while Marathi has replaced Telugu in third place.