- How can we do Navratri fast?
- What can we eat for Navratri fast?
- Can we wash hair during Navratri?
- Can we take medicine in Navratri fast?
- Is coffee allowed in Navratri fast?
- Can we use Haldi in Navratri fast?
- Can we smoke during Navratri fast?
- Is Lemon allowed in Navratri fast?
- What should be avoided during Navratri?
- Can we drink tea in Navratri fast?
- Can we drink coffee in periods?
- Can we drink milk in Navratri fast?
- What should not eat in ekadasi?
- Can we eat rice in Navratri fast?
- Can I eat a banana while fasting?
- Can we drink Coke in Navratri fast?
- Is tomato allowed in Navratri fast?
- Is chocolate allowed in fast?
- Can we eat methi in Navratri fast?
How can we do Navratri fast?
If you are fasting during Navratri, you need to refrain yourself from having regular table salt.
Also, prepare your Vrat food only in ghee or peanut oil.
Eating Tamasic food items during Navratri is not allowed.
This means, you cannot have garlic and onion..
What can we eat for Navratri fast?
Foods preferred during NavratriRajgira flour.Arrowroot flour.Waterchestnut flour (singhada ka atta)Buckwheat.Sabudana.Sanwa millet.Milk.Curd.More items…•
Can we wash hair during Navratri?
Devotees who are observing fast should avoid getting a haircut or do a shave during Navratri. In addition to avoiding haircut and shaving, devotees should make sure that they do not cut their nails during these 9 days.
Can we take medicine in Navratri fast?
As a rule, from a halakhic point of view, medicines that are not administered by mouth, such as ointments and creams, inhalations to the respiratory tract, suppositories etc., may be taken during the fast. However, the patient’s physician should be consulted to confirm their suitability for patient.
Is coffee allowed in Navratri fast?
Shalini Nandwani, a Delhi resident who has been keeping the Navratri fasts since 20 years says, “In our family, coffee and tea are both allowed during Navratri fasting, as well as other beverages like chaas and fresh fruit juices. Packaged or processed beverages are usually avoided.”
Can we use Haldi in Navratri fast?
Whether fasting for Navratri or any other occasion, people are only allowed to have a handful of grains and spices along with fruits and dairy products. And one of the spices that people generally refrain from eating during this fasting period is turmeric (haldi).
Can we smoke during Navratri fast?
4. Non-vegetarian food, eggs, alcohol, smoking and aerated drinks are also avoided during Navratri fasting.
Is Lemon allowed in Navratri fast?
Foods like coconut, sugar, honey, jaggery, lemon, coriander leaves, curry leaves, ginger etc can also be consumed during Navratri/fasting season.
What should be avoided during Navratri?
6 things you should AVOID doing during NavratriCut your hair/nails. While no one knows whether this has been scientifically proven or not, many traditional families still follow this ritual of not cutting your hair and nails during these nine auspicious days.Telling lies or using foul language. … Eating Non-veg/eggs. … Consuming alcohol. … Onions and Garlic. … Having sex.
Can we drink tea in Navratri fast?
Plus since there is a lot of restrictions on what you can drink during these fasting days, hydrating drinks such as coconut water, milk and fruit juices can take care of your nutrition. Do not consume drinks like coffee and tea in excess which can dehydrate you.
Can we drink coffee in periods?
But, drinking coffee during your period can actually make your cramps worse. Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor, meaning it makes the blood vessels in your body constrict. This can cause the vessels that feed your uterus to tighten, making your period cramps even more painful than they already were.
Can we drink milk in Navratri fast?
The choice of vegetables may vary from region to region. Spices are restricted to red chilies, turmeric and cumin seeds and only rock salt is used. However, one can drink milk and eat curds, fruits and nuts.
What should not eat in ekadasi?
During the fast of Devotthan Ekadashi, one is only allowed to have fruits and milk. Even those who do not fast refrain from onion, garlic, salt, non-veg and grains. A few special fruits that are consumed on this day include sugarcane, sugar beet and sweet potato.
Can we eat rice in Navratri fast?
1. Grains: Wheat, rice, semolina, gram flour, corn flour, millet flour like ragi and pear are strongly prohibited during the course of these nine days. This will also help you stay away from gluten foods like wheat which contain the allergy-producing protein.
Can I eat a banana while fasting?
Try balancing each meal with a good variety of healthy whole foods, such as: Fruits: Apples, bananas, berries, oranges, peaches, pears, etc.
Can we drink Coke in Navratri fast?
Foods to avoid during Navratri Also, avoid all vegetables except the ones mentioned above,and spices like turmeric, coriander powder, rye and garam masala. Avoid drinking tea, coffee and aerated drinks during Navratri fasting, as they are very dehydrating and affect digestion.
Is tomato allowed in Navratri fast?
Tomatoes: Since technically tomatoes are considered fruits, they can be consumed during Navratri fasting. You can consume their juice or add them whole in your vegetables.
Is chocolate allowed in fast?
During fasting it is said that we shouldn’t have any rice and vegetables. But we can have fruits and milk . Chocolate contains only choco , milk and sugar so you can have it . … Some people tend to follow rituals , in that case you shouldn’t have any chocolate.
Can we eat methi in Navratri fast?
4. Turmeric (haldi), asafoetida (hing), mustard (sarson or rai), fenugreek seeds (methi dana) and garam masala are also not allowed during your fasting phase. 5. You also need to keep away legumes and lentils.